I'm wondering about bounties. The old bounty system was a ridiculous abusive mess. The new ones has flooded the forums with tears enough to satiate almost any appetite. The payout was reduced to a sensible 20% of the cost of the ship and lost modules and also split across the fleet or killers.
There was a lot of hope that bounty payments would help to feed PvPrs. I pulled my bounties for the last two months and the results are a bit anemic.
- 2013.03.24 20:24:30 Bounty Prize 357,937.58 ISK
- 2013.03.24 06:04:20 Bounty Prize 35,035.00 ISK
- 2013.03.24 05:59:21 Bounty Prize 712,376.32 ISK
- 2013.03.23 01:15:18 Bounty Prize 14,503.91 ISK
- 2013.03.10 23:55:09 Bounty Prize 96,139.85 ISK
- 2013.03.10 23:48:55 Bounty Prize 677,854.62 ISK
- 2013.03.10 10:47:37 Bounty Prize 142,857.14 ISK
- 2013.03.10 08:37:26 Bounty Prize 111,111.11 ISK
- 2013.03.10 07:00:20 Bounty Prize 1,061,113.20 ISK
- 2013.03.08 02:12:43 Bounty Prize 5,555.56 ISK
- 2013.02.24 07:06:16 Bounty Prize 1,239,143.79 ISK
- 2013.02.24 07:01:16 Bounty Prize 13,701.54 ISK
- 2013.02.24 05:25:20 Bounty Prize 16,666.67 ISK
- 2013.02.19 01:42:56 Bounty Prize 119,485.56 ISK
- 2013.02.10 04:44:04 Bounty Prize 462,368.55 ISK
- 2013.02.09 20:43:49 Bounty Prize 66,438.47 ISK
- 2013.01.30 01:52:02 Bounty Prize 129,417.91 ISK
- 2013.01.27 07:33:16 Bounty Prize 45,833.33 ISK
- 2013.01.27 07:21:46 Bounty Prize 1,666,666.67 ISK
- 2013.01.27 04:53:17 Bounty Prize 1,277,508.06 ISK
- 2013.01.27 04:48:17 Bounty Prize 10,000.00 ISK
- 2013.01.27 01:49:42 Bounty Prize 12,500.00 ISK
- 2013.01.27 01:06:32 Bounty Prize 11,111.11 ISK
- 2013.01.27 01:01:32 Bounty Prize 11,222.22 ISK
I am what I consider a normal, average every day pirate. I fly in small gangs and I shoot everything that moves. I fight as many pirates as not pirates. If I was trying to feed myself off of bounties I would starve. I'm not sure that 20% is enough.
Or am I not average. For example. Uebrlisk kills everything and lives a bit better life as a pirate then I do. Sometimes he kills 2 billion isk marauders and collects 250mil bounties from them.
Is Uebr the measure or am I? Or is it something else? Do we balance to Uebr's level of badassery or my level of mediocre? Or is it just right? Are bounty payments just a pretty flashing icon to remind me that someone just exploded when a big fight is going down?
The avoidance of abuse is important. However, if it is to be more then pretty window dressing I am not sure that these numbers hold up as something that someone can point to as a viable lifestyle to fend for themselves. Not everyone can be Uebrlisk, King of the South.
If bounties are just an occasional bonus, cool. If they are supposed to be a true motivator, maybe my expectations were higher.